|Some of the links on this site may resolve to non-governmental agencies. The information on these pages is not controlled by the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation or the Commonwealth of Kentucky. |
External links are identified with the following icon:
Kentucky SILC Bylaws
To the Statewide Council for Indpendent Living, known as the SILC. We are a federally mandated, Governor appointed council where a majority of our members are individuals with disabilities.
Our SILC if required to:
- Develop, monitor and review a state plan, in conjuction with our State Office of Vocational Rehabiltiation (OVR), that addresses the independent needs in our state;
- Develop and support a statewide network of Independent Living Centers, called CILs;
- Submit periodic reports to OVR, as well as coordinates activities with the State Rehabilitation Council; and
- Ensure that all regularly scheduled meetings of the SILC are open to the public and provide reasonable accommodations when requested within a one week notice.
Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet
Contact: Jason Jones (859) 552-3012
Vocational Rehabilitation seeks input for future
FRANKFORT, Ky. (March 22, 2013) – The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) has scheduled a public forum April 23 from 4-6 p.m. EDT to give individuals with disabilities, advocates and other interested individuals an opportunity to provide feedback on the services OVR provides to Kentuckians with disabilities.
The purpose of the forum is to gather input on the draft of the triennial State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) and on proposed changes to the State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation.
The public forum will take place at the University of Kentucky Human Development Institute on the Coldstream Campus at 1525 Bull Lea Road, Suite 160 in Lexington. There will be video links to the forum available at the following locations:
- Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center, 5659 Main St., Thelma;
- Center for Accessible Living, 305 W. Broadway, Suite 200, Louisville; and
- Center for Accessible Living, 1051 N. 16th St., Suite C, Murray.
In addition, the following locations will be linked to the public forum via telephone conferencing:
- Disability Resource Initiative, 624 Eastwood St., Bowling Green;
- Independence Place, 1093 S. Broadway, Suite 1218, Lexington;
- Independence Place, 2932 Winchester Ave., Ashland;
- Independence Place, 60 Mackey Ave., Williamsburg;
- Pathfinders for Independence, 105 E. Mound St., Harlan; and
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, 1881 Dixie Highway, Suite 350, Ft. Wright.
Input can also be submitted by mail to the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, 275 E. Main St., 2EK, Frankfort, KY 40621, and via email to email@example.com. The draft of the State Plan for Independent Living can be viewed at www.silc.ovr.ky.gov and proposed changes in the State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation can be viewed at www.ovr.ky.gov after March 26, 2013. Copies of both can also be obtained by calling 1-800-372-7172. Copies can be provided in alternate formats if requested.
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, an agency of the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet’s Department of Workforce Investment, assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve gainful employment and independence. For more information about services, call the office toll free at 800-372-7172 or visit the OVR website at www.ovr.ky.gov.
The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet coordinates learning programs from P-16 and manages and supports training and employment functions in the Department of Workforce Investment. For more information about our programs, visit www.educationcabinet.ky.gov or www.workforce.ky.gov.