|Some of the links on this site may resolve to non-governmental agencies. The information on these pages is not controlled by the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation or the Commonwealth of Kentucky. |
External links are identified with the following icon:
Kentucky SILC Bylaws
To the Statewide Council for Indpendent Living, known as the SILC. We are a federally mandated, Governor appointed council where a majority of our members are individuals with disabilities.
Our SILC is required to:
- Develop, monitor and review a state plan, in conjuction with our State Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), that addresses the independent needs in our state;
- Develop and support a statewide network of Independent Living Centers, called CILs;
- Submit periodic reports to OVR, as well as coordinates activities with the State Rehabilitation Council; and
- Ensure that all regularly scheduled meetings of the SILC are open to the public and provide reasonable accommodations when requested within a one week notice.
Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet
Contact: Jason Jones (859) 552-3012
Vocational Rehabilitation seeks public input Nov. 20
Visioning forums in Lexington, Louisville, Murray, Thelma
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Oct. 22, 2014) – The Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) has scheduled visioning forums to give individuals with disabilities, advocates and other interested individuals an opportunity to provide feedback on the services OVR provides to Kentuckians with disabilities Nov. 20 at four locations.
Input from the visioning forums will be used to help develop the state plan for vocational rehabilitation services that the agency is required to submit to the Rehabilitation Services Administration. The visioning forums schedule follows.
• Lexington: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Eastern time, Human Development Institute, 1525 Bull Lea Road, Suite 160
• Louisville: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Eastern time, Center for Accessible Living, 501 S Second St., Suite 200
• Murray: 12:30 – 2:30 p.m., Central time, Center for Accessible Living, 1051 N. 16th St., Suite C
• Thelma: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Eastern time, Carl D. Perkins Vocational Training Center, 5659 Main St.
Kentuckians who are unable to attend a forum may send comments in any format (written, taped, or phone call) to Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, 275 E. Main St., Mail Drop 2EK, Frankfort, Kentucky 40621 or call (800) 372-7172 or by visiting ovr.ky.gov/contactus.htm and entering “state plan” in the subject line by May 1, 2015. If reasonable accommodations are needed for your participation at the forum, please call Erin Hopper at (800) 372-7172 at least one week prior to the forum you wish to attend.
OVR, an agency of the Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet’s Department of Workforce Investment, assists Kentuckians with disabilities to achieve gainful employment and independence. For more information about services, call the office toll free at (800) 372-7172 or visit http://kentuckycareercenter.ky.gov/OVR/Default.aspx.
||SCVR/SILC Joint Meeting
Kentucky Statewide Council for Vocational Rehabilitation AND Kentucky Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)
Joint Council Meeting
Monday, December 8, 2014
1:00pm – 4:30pm
The Marriott Griffin Gate Resort
1800 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40511
||NCIL Rally, Washington DC
Chair, Elsie Speed, at the NCIL Rally in Washington DC.
||2014 ADA Rally, Frankfort
Member-At-Large, Danny Perry and Council Member, Sandra Radford, show their support at the 2014 ADA Rally at the Capitol Building in Frankfort.
||SILC Chair Presents Award to Sandi Radford
Chair Elsie Speed thanks past Chair Sandra Radford for her service and commitment to SILC with an engraved gavel plaque.